Airport Links and Websites with Aviation Environmental Information
Noise Abatement Information
Lafayette Regional Airport
- Australian Government Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government: Aviation
- Airport Website: Sydney Airport
- Community and Environmental Information:
Community and the Environment
Select List of Sites with Aviation Environmental Information
- Airport Cooperative Research Program (ACRP) Synthesis Report 9, entitled "Effects of Aircraft Noise: Research Update on Selected Topics," can be downloaded from the Transportation Review Board (TRB) website at: ACRP Synthesis 9: Effects of Aircraft Noise
- Airport Cooperative Research Program (ACRP) Report 15, entitled "Aircraft Noise: A Toolkit for Managing Community Expectations",can be downloaded from the Transportation Review Board (TRB) website at:Aircraft Noise: A Toolkit for Managing Community Expectations
- Airports Council International is an international organization of airports. The website provides information on statistics on airports and passengers and environmental affairs.
- Airport Navigation Information provides information on navigation to airports by state, city, or type.
- Boeing Commercial Airplanes provides updated links to noise and emissions monitoring and abatement procedures at specific airports located world wide. The updates can be found at Airport Noise and Emissions Regulations.
- Eurocontrol Experimental Centre which plays a leading role in research relevant to the safe, efficient, and environmentally-sustainable management and operation of the European ATM system.
- The Federal Aviation Administration provides information on aircraft noise issues and a public liaison to help address aircraft noise questions or complaints. For further information see Noise Ombudsman.
- The Federal Interagency Committee on Aviation Noise (FICAN) provides information on a range of issues dealing with aviation noise at FICAN.
- Harris Miller Miller and Hanson provides papers on noise measurement and effects at: HMMH Presentations and Papers.
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) provides information on reducing aviation noise and other environmental educational materials at Alleviating Aircraft Noise.
- The National Business Aviation Association provides information on airports and the environment through its Business Aviation Airport Access Program.
- The National Organization to Insure a Sound-Controlled Environment provides a community voice on aviation noise issues at Aviation Noise.
- The Partnership for AiR Transportation Noise and Emissions Reduction is a leading aviation cooperative research organization, and an FAA/NASA/Transport Canada-sponsored Center of Excellence. PARTNER fosters breakthrough technological, operational, policy, and workforce advances for the betterment of mobility, economy, national security, and the environment.
- Thirty Thousand Feet is an aviation directory with thousands of links to aviation web pages, aviation news, facts, and other sources of commercial, military, and general aviation information.
- Wyle Laboratories provides reports on federal and local guidance on noise, noise research and other documents at: Wyle Document Library.
Selected Links with Information on Noise and Noise Models:
Local Government and Community Organizations and Information: