WHAT CAN I LEARN ABOUT AIRPORTS?
In this section of NoiseQuest, you will find videos on operations, information on types of airports, as well as information about Air Traffic Control.
Airports & Operations
For a quick look at Air Traffic Control Operations, check out this FAA Air Traffic Control Video.
To see A Day in the Life of Air Traffic Over the US, check out this NASA Video.
What does this same thing look like around the world? Check out this video from the Zurich School of Applied Sciences.
Airports can vary in:
- Runway characteristics
- Traffic volume
- Types of available airplane landing approaches usually involving air traffic control
- Types of operations including solo, commercial and noncommercial passenger and cargo, and military
Airport operations can include:
- Commercial operators that provide air transportation for a fee.
- Scheduled passenger service where an air carrier transports you from one location to another at a certain time.
- On-demand passenger service in which you and the air carrier agree on the location and time of departure and arrival.
- Cargo-only service
- Noncommercial aircraft operators that are private individuals or corporations. Noncommercial operators use their own aircraft (or rent them).
Photo Credit: Ken Plotkin, Wyle